- MASTA API to automate customer processes
- SMT Store for example code
- Custom results in the MASTA interface
- Supports Python, MATLAB and .NET languages
- ‘Unit Harmonic Force (FRF)’, ‘Unit Harmonic Moment (FRF)’ and ‘Advanced System Deflection Current Load Case Set Up’ excitation options added for gear sets.
- Specify gear mesh excitations at orders other than the tooth passing frequency
Flexible Spline Coupling
- Addition of Major Diameter Fit option
- Contacts now include tilt stiffness
- Specify a different helix angle on left and right flanks of spline teeth.
- Determine whether a spline will slip, given a specified coefficient of friction and tangential stiffness.
Gear Teeth Meshing
- Create FE meshes of gear teeth in MASTA and append them to imported full FEs or MASTA-created shaft FEs.
Save/Load External FEs in Multiple Files
- Externally saved FE files (*.smtfe) are now split into (*.smtfem) files containing the mesh information, and (*.smtfev) files containing the expansion vectors.
FE Mass and Stiffness
- Can specify an expected number of rigid body modes for an FE model.
- MASTA will check for all-zero rows and columns of the stiffness matrix and alert the user if they are present.
- Performance improvements when including microgeometry.
Electric Machine Data Import
- JMAG interface.
- Data is now specified/edited in imported FE mode and stored on a FE model.
- Visualise nodal forces.
- Example with Radial Flux motor with skewed rotor added to Examples Menu.
- Example with Axial Flux motor added to Examples Menu.
Parametric Study Tool
- Save and load results from runs.
Cylindrical Gear Mesh Power Loss According to ISO/TR 14179-2
- Users can now choose ISO/TR 14179-2 to be used in cylindrical gear mesh efficiency calculation.
Create Additional Condensation nodes for a Group of FE Nodes or Faces
- Users can now create condensation nodes connected to a group of selected element faces or nodes when they have the full FE mesh in MASTA for use as accelerometers or component connections
Please contact your local Account Manager or SMT representative for further information and find out more about the new features available in MASTA 10 by watching the Overview video here
SMT is the global leader in the provision of both engineering consultancy services & next generation CAE software for the complete design, analysis & optimisation of individual components through to complex and complete driveline designs. SMT MASTA software can be used to accurately & rapidly design, predict performance characteristics, identify potential failure modes & undertake full-system (including time-domain MBD) simulations for any gearbox layout. SMT has offices and representatives in the UK, China, USA, Japan, Korea and more. More information about SMT is available at www.smartmt.com
For further information please contact: SMT, Chartwell House, 67-69 Hounds Gate, Nottingham, NG1 6BB, firstname.lastname@example.org