Gear Whine/Harmonic Excitation Analysis
- New results available including airborne sound power for a full FE component.
- Interface improvements to allow more flexibility in the results shown, including showing the response at multiple locations on one plot.
- Export of operating deflection shapes in op2 file format that can directly be used in acoustic analysis packages.
- Display of operating deflection shapes in 3D view.
Shaft FE Meshing
- A new option to generate FE meshes of shafts and gear blanks directly in MASTA with full control over the mesh parameters and including all rotationally symmetric features such as fillets and u-shaped grooves.
- View stress results on FE-replaced shafts following System Deflection analysis
SKF Bearing Database
- The latest SKF bearing catalogue contains data supplied by SKF that was previously not available and therefore estimated by MASTA.
- Data includes: Element Diameters, Pitch Circle Diameters and Number of Elements
Flexible Spline Coupling
A new spline contact type has been included to model individual flank contacts to enable the flexibility of spline couplings to be accounted for. You have full control over the specification of the spline including being able to specify:
- the stiffness of the contact
- the pressure angle
- tooth sizes
- how many contacts there are in each direction
- diameter of the contact
- helix angle
- tooth spacing