Nottingham, Full-Time, Permanent
SMT is a globally integrated leader in engineering services and software development. Since 2002, SMT has grown from a collective of experienced and passionate engineers into an international enterprise operating within the competitive transmission and driveline development industry.
About the Role
Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, you will be an integral part of a team dedicated to providing first class technical support to users of SMT’s engineering software. As part of a growing team, reflecting SMT’s increasing number of users worldwide, you will be key to representing SMT and maintaining the high level of customer satisfaction for which we are held in high regard.
The SMT customer model is high value and low quantity. The focus therefore is on building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and potential users enabling them to get the maximum technical benefit from their software investment.
Although primarily based at SMT’s HQ in Nottingham, UK, you will be involved in providing support to SMT’s end users worldwide which include a large number of leading names in the industry. The role may require occasional travel to markets that SMT operate in to provide software training and/or support.
• Providing industry-leading technical software support to end users, partners and resellers of SMT software in accordance with company processes and quality standards
• Be instrumental in working with end users and SMT colleagues to solve technical engineering problems using SMT software
• Communicate with end-users both verbally (telephone/video call/face-to-face) and in writing/email
• Support the Sales Team by providing support to evaluators and giving demonstrations of the software either in person or via web-meeting
• When suitably proficient, be actively involved in providing detailed technical training in the use and best practice of SMT software via online and face-to-face methods
• Work alongside the Sales and Software Development Teams to ensure user requirements are captured for possible future software enhancement
• Input into the generation of technical and training documentation and resources
What you’ll need to succeed
• Degree level qualification in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering with either 1st or 2:1 classification
• Proven experience of providing end-user technical support
• A strong desire to provide consistently high levels of customer support and recognition of the importance of customer satisfaction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with internal and external stakeholders
• Able to clearly communicate technical data and explanations to customers
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail
• The ability to undertake international travel to provide support and/or training
• Self-motivated, able to work as part of a team and also on own initiative
• Able to manage own time and meet tight deadlines
While not essential, the following additional skills would be an advantage:
• Experience of SMT MASTA or equivalent software
• Experience of transmission / driveline design and analysis
• Experience of FE modelling in Ansys/Nastran/Abaqus or equivalent
• Experience of .NET/Python or MATLAB programming
• Experience of delivering technical training to end-user
• Preparing end-user technical documentation and/or training materials
• Knowledge of Zendesk/Freshdesk or other help-desk platforms
Why choose SMT?
At SMT we offer a fast paced, flexible and enjoyable working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, share knowledge and work as a team to drive continual improvement. With a focus on health and financial well-being, company benefits include, flexible working hours, enhanced annual leave allowance, tram to work and cycle to work schemes, healthcare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, retail discounts and an enhanced Company pension scheme.
SMT is committed to equal opportunities for all.