SMT is a globally integrated leader in mechanical transmission engineering services and software development. Over the past 15 years SMT has grown from a collective of experienced and passionate engineers into an international enterprise serving all sectors of the transmission and driveline development industry. SMT is split between the development and sale of the MASTA CAE software and the utilisation of that software and other tools to complete transmission and driveline consultancy projects.
You are applying for the position of Mathematician/Software Engineer – Gear Analysis within the Software department of SMT. The job will be a great opportunity to learn and contribute over a wide range of technologies and applications.
Based in Nottingham for SMT, a leading global provider of engineering software and solutions, competitive salary based on experience.
Reporting to the Software Development Director, you’ll be an integral part of a team dedicated to developing first class engineering software products to the global transmissions industry. As part of a growing team, reflecting SMT’s increasing number of users worldwide, you will be key to maintaining the quality of SMT’s software products.
Primarily based at SMT’s HQ in Nottingham, UK, you will be involved in the ongoing development of SMT’s software.
- Developing and implementing mathematical analysis methods for the analysis of gears and geared systems in C# code
- Options to get involved in engineering services projects, customer support and travel to customer sites.
The ideal candidate for the SMT team will have:
- A PhD or 1st/2:1 degree from top university in mathematics, physics, engineering or similar discipline
- Experience of programming
- Experience/knowledge of gear geometry and analysis
- A pro-active and self-motivated attitude
- Good communication and personal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Competent technical skills
- The ability to work in a team and individually
While not essential, the following skills would be an advantage:
- Commercial C# experience
- Numerical analysis
- Experience of agile development
- Finite Elements Analysis
- Knowledge of CAD
- 3D graphics
Candidates from recent graduates to those with 1 – 10 years of relevant experience will be considered for the post.
The company can offer an excellent working environment, competitive salary and superb prospects for the right candidate.