Nottingham, Full-Time, Permanent
SMT is a globally integrated leader in engineering services and software development. Since 2002, SMT has grown from a collective of experienced and passionate engineers into an international enterprise operating within the competitive transmission and driveline development industry.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer/Analyst within SMT’s Software Department, you will have the opportunity to learn and contribute over a wide range of technologies and applications. The Software Department is dedicated to developing first class engineering software products for the global transmissions industry. As part of this growing team, reflecting SMT’s increasing number of users worldwide, you will be key to maintaining the quality of our software products and be involved in the ongoing development of SMT’s software.
Your primary responsibilities will involve developing and implementing high fidelity mathematical analysis methods in C# code and you will also have the option to get involved in engineering services projects, customer support and travel to customer sites.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A PhD from a top university in mathematics, physics, engineering, or similar discipline
- A first at undergraduate level in mathematics, physics, engineering, or similar discipline
- Experience of programming
- Strong research skills with the ability to research a technical topic to a deep level with minimum supervision
- Good communication and personal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced technical skills
- The ability to work in a team and individually
While not essential, the following skills would be highly advantageous:
- Knowledge of mechanical and electric drivelines, and their components
- Elasto-Hydrodynamic models
- Multi Body Dynamics Simulation
- Finite Elements Analysis
- Numerical analysis
- Commercial C# experience
- Experience of agile development
Why choose SMT?
At SMT we offer a fast paced, flexible and enjoyable working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, share knowledge and work as a team to drive continual improvement. With a focus on health and financial well-being, company benefits include, flexible working hours, enhanced annual leave allowance, tram to work and cycle to work schemes, healthcare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, retail discounts and an enhanced Company pension scheme.
SMT is committed to equal opportunities for all.