Nottingham, Full-Time, Permanent
SMT is a globally integrated leader in engineering services and software development. Since 2002, SMT has grown from a collective of experienced and passionate engineers into international enterprise within a competitive transmission and driveline development industry.
About the Role
As a Technical Project Manager you will be part of our Engineering Services team. The Engineering Services Department is responsible for delivery of consultancy services to our customers, in which projects can vary from small analysis work to a full transmission design. You will be involved in all aspects of the project from initial discussions to final delivery, including preparation of proposals and bidding documents. You will plan the projects and closely monitor activities to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meeting quality standards. You will also work closely with the senior engineers to identify risks and put in place mitigation plans, ensuring they are reviewed regularly and that the appropriate actions are taken to minimise their impact on projects. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager and some international travel to client sites will be expected.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or related subjects, with first-class or upper second-class honours, a Master’s degree is desirable
- Proven track record of successful project delivery in the automotive industry, ideally in a consultancy
- Ideally worked as an engineer on transmission design and have experience of NVH and durability analysis and optimisation
- Proven experience in project planning
- Proven experience in budgeting and cost management
- Proven experience in customer management
- Excellent communication skills, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally able to clearly communicate technical data and findings to customers, experience working with international customers would be beneficial
- Self-motivated, able to work as part of a team and also on own initiative
- Able to manage own time and meet tight deadlines
- A qualification in Project Management would be an advantage but is not essential
Why choose SMT?
At SMT we offer a fast paced, flexible and enjoyable working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, share knowledge and work as a team to drive continual improvement. With a focus on health and financial well-being, company benefits include, flexible working hours, enhanced annual leave allowance, tram to work and cycle to work schemes, healthcare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, retail discounts and an enhanced Company pension scheme.
SMT is committed to equal opportunities for all.