Nottingham, Full-Time, Permanent
SMT is a globally integrated leader in engineering services and software development. Since 2002, SMT has grown from a collective of experienced and passionate engineers into international enterprise within a competitive transmission and driveline development industry.
About the Role
As a Transmission Engineer you will be part of our Engineering Services team. The Engineering Services Department is responsible for delivery of consultancy services to our customers, in which projects can vary from small analysis work to a full transmission design. Your responsibilities will involve a wide variety of transmission analysis tasks, including NVH troubleshooting and optimisation, FE analysis, durability studies and quality improvements for a range of transmission applications. You will also be responsible for delivering high quality engineering reports, within challenging deadlines, for prestigious customers. You will report directly to the relevant technical manager and some international travel to client sites will be expected.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or related subjects, with first-class or upper second-class honours, a Master’s degree is desirable
- Proven experience in Transmission system NVH analysis or similar
- An experienced and keen user of CAE tools such as FE & CAD packages, familiarity with CAE tools for analysis and design of transmission systems would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to clearly communicate technical data and findings to customers, experience working with international customers would be beneficial
- Excellent engineering report writing skills
- Self-motivated, able to work as part of a team and also on own initiative
- Able to manage own time and meet tight deadlines
Why choose SMT?
At SMT we offer a fast paced, flexible and enjoyable working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, share knowledge and work as a team to drive continual improvement. With a focus on health and financial well-being, company benefits include, flexible working hours, enhanced annual leave allowance, tram to work and cycle to work schemes, healthcare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, retail discounts and an enhanced Company pension scheme.
SMT is committed to equal opportunities for all.