Earlier this year SMT achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification under Certificate N° GB 10/79704.
SMT operates to strict quality control standards to ensure procedures at its facilities in Nottingham exceeded the requirements laid down by the independent assessing inspectors.
This assessment and certification means that SMT meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 for – “Design, development and supply of transmission development test procedures, test rigs and associated software, and the supply of testing and evaluation software to the transmission testing and manufacturing industry.”
Inside SMT Ltd the ISO 9001:2008 certification ensures processes are regularly reviewed and audited, which:
- Provides an approved structure for all employees to implement the correct solution for the customer
- Maintains and encourages improved development standards
- Allows for innovative software systems to be developed to meet customer needs
For the customer SMT’s certification helps you to be benefit from improved product quality and to realise enhanced levels of service. ISO 9001:2008 certification also:
- Proves the company’s commitment to get things right for you every time
- Increases your confidence that the correct software solution is being supplied
- Illustrates through audited processes that all work is being undertaken to internationally agreed standards
- Provides an approved link into your own quality procedures and processes.
All of the SMT staff members are extremely proud of achieving this internationally recognised quality standard.David Beedan, SMT Operations Director is pictured with the ISO 9001:2008 certificate.