SMT is pleased to announce the next major release of its revolutionary software, MASTA 10.1, that is now available for all users and evaluators.
This release, as with previous updates, include improvements to existing features as well as adding to existing functionality. The new release showcases, once more, the flexible agile approach to feature developments and revisions in software releases from SMT, that minimise bottlenecks in productivity for users of MASTA.
This update has many developed Bearing functionalities and updates, Loaded Tooth Contact Analysis (LTCA) features, NVH advancements and more:
A summary of the main features of MASTA 10.1 include:
- Improved Python support in MASTA Scripting – Including full IntelliSense support and other productivity enhancements
- Context sensitive scripting documentation linked to from MASTA scripting tab
- SKF Collaboration “module” – Part of Core module, provides SKF rating and other results calculated by SKF via a link to their online calculations
- Rolling Bearing Protection – Allows bearing suppliers to enter bearing details then hide them from the user with password protection
- Bearing ring expansion due to centrifugal effects
- Tolerances on bearing internal clearances
- Bearing rib undercuts and raceway grooves
- Dimension labels on rolling bearing database drawing
- Override concept bearing stiffnesses on a Load Case
- Updated Schaeffler bearing catalogues
- Animate 3D view in Advanced System Deflection
- Redesigned coordinate system editor
- Sound pressure and sound intensity results in NVH
- Efficiency – report load and speed dep losses separately. Clutch and oil pump losses
- Quadratic elements in LTCA
- Improved estimate of extended tip contact search region in LTCA
- Use of enhanced element technology in LTCA for improved root stress results
- Cylindrical gear cutter design constraints
- Exclude excitations and harmonics from FE export and reportable properties
Full details and official release notes can be accessed via the SMT Portal or please contact your local Account Manager or SMT representative for further information.
Discover more about the features available in MASTA by catching up on our latest on-demand webinar videos that showcase further examples of the many features mentioned.
SMT is the global leader in the provision of both engineering consultancy services & next generation CAE software for the complete design, analysis & optimisation of individual components through to complex and complete driveline designs. SMT MASTA software can be used to accurately & rapidly design, predict performance characteristics, identify potential failure modes & undertake full-system (including time-domain MBD) simulations for any gearbox layout. SMT has offices and representatives in the UK, China, USA, Japan, Korea and more. More information about SMT is available at www.smartmt.com
For further information please contact: SMT, Chartwell House, 67-69 Hounds Gate, Nottingham, NG1 6BB, firstname.lastname@example.org