Software Engineer/Analyst – Gears at SMT: Unlock Your Full Potential in a World-Class Engineering Environment
Location: Nottingham, UK
Employment Type: Full-Time, Optional Hybrid Working
SMT, a globally integrated leader in software development and engineering services, invites you to join our esteemed team as a Software Engineer/Analyst specialising in gears related developments. Since our inception in 2002, we have evolved into an international enterprise that excels in the competitive transmission, electric machines, and electrified powertrain industries. At SMT, we are not only dedicated to developing and selling our world leading MASTA CAE software but also utilizing it to undertake cutting-edge transmission and driveline engineering consultancy projects.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer/Analyst – Gears within our Software Development Department, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our industry leading MASTA CAE software. This position provides an exceptional opportunity to expand your skill set and contribute to a wide range of technologies and applications. Based at our Nottingham Head Office, UK, you will be at the forefront of engineering software development. You will be working directly with our Lead Technical Specialist – Gears, who has strong connections with the international gears community. We are looking for someone ideally with an engineering background, some experience with respect to the design and analysis of gears and an interest in developing cutting edge commercial engineering software. Candidates with no direct experience with gears but the enthusiasm and motivation to become a true specialist in the field are also welcome to apply.
- Develop and deliver first class engineering software products.
- Engage in research, implementation, and testing of new analysis methods.
- Maintain and enhance existing software code to uphold SMT’s reputation for quality and robustness.
- Contribute to the creation of comprehensive documentation for software capabilities.
- Provide technical support to SMT’s Customer Support team regarding software capabilities.
- Assist with pre and post-sales activities by participating in meetings, delivering presentations, and providing training.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Adhere to all relevant legislation, Company policies, and procedures, with a strong focus on ‘Information Security’ and ‘Quality’ practices.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A first/upper second-class degree at the undergraduate level in engineering, physics, mathematics, or a similar discipline from a leading university.
- Up to 6 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with the design or analysis of geared systems or an enthusiasm to become an expert in the field of gears.
- Strong research skills with the ability to delve into technical topics independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Advanced technical skills and a passion for continuous learning.
- Both a team player and capable of working independently.
Other Desirable Attributes
- PhD in engineering, physics, mathematics, or a similar discipline from a leading university.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electric powertrains and their components.
- Domain expertise in other related areas such as bearings, shafts, or electric machines.
- Experience in Finite Element and/or Multi-Body Dynamics Simulation.
- Proficiency in numerical analysis and optimization.
- Commercial experience with C# and .NET.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
Why choose SMT?
SMT offers a fast-paced, flexible, and enjoyable working environment that empowers you to make a significant impact with your work. By joining our software development team, you will be immersed in a culture of technical excellence, support, and diverse tasks, fostering an environment that promotes professional growth and development. Our team boasts an outstanding staff retention record, which reflects the positive and collaborative atmosphere we have cultivated over the years.
In addition to a fulfilling career, we prioritize your well-being by providing a range of benefits, including flexible working hours, an enhanced annual leave allowance, tram to work and cycle to work schemes, healthcare coverage, Employee Assistance Programme, retail discounts, and an enhanced Company pension scheme.
At SMT, we are committed to equal opportunities for all, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values and celebrates individual differences.
Join SMT today and embark on an exciting journey of technical excellence, career growth, and impactful contributions to the engineering industry.
To apply for this role please upload and submit your CV below.